Tuesday, January 4, 2011

"It's the 011!"

I'm going to write this post and actually publish it.
Yes.
I guess that could count as a New Years Resolution.
Start something, and actually finish it.

What a concept!

I feel like I had this whole post planned out, and it just disappeared.
Hmmm...

I guess I'll start with a few "resolutions":
1. Complete something. Anything.
2. Be a better mom to my girls. They deserve it.
3. Get back my pre-baby-bod. If that's possible. Yes I understand I may look stick thin-ish, or semi-in-shape fully clothed, but this lady is no where near ready for beach season. It's not even about that... but that's a completely different story. Anyway, stretchy/flabby/leftovers goodbye.
4. Be a better youth leader. I need to step it up.
5. Preach more.
6. Be a better wife.
7. Be...better.

I feel like this could go too serious too quickly, so I'm stopping my list.
Over all, I want to be the best "Julia" I can be.

Alright, alright.. Enough of this crap.

Disneyland in t-minus 11/10 days. BOOM.
Can't wait.
I've always been kind of, over zealous as far as packing for trips go... But I'm even more so now that I have kids.
I'm surprised their stuff isn't already packed.
(Or my own)
There's so much to prep and plan and prepare for as far as kids go.
Hailey will be with our friends, so I'd feel awful if I forgot something.
Leila will be with us, but it would be a nightmare if I forgot something important...like her "boppy" (pacifier for those of you who don't speak Leila).
Alright alright alright... I'm getting tired and losing focus. Moving on to SWDB:

(P.S. I was just thinking I wish I needed to wear glasses... even just for reading. Sad.)


For today:
Outside my window- It's dark and windy it sounds like... Night time.

I am thinking- I should be sleeping... Why am I awake?

I am thankful for- Gary and Carol Leach (our friends/our friend's parents that we're staying with during Disneyland). Seriously a blessing.

I am remembering- When my mom used to make us french toast. Random.

On my mind- D. Just that I love him.

I am noticing that- I get a little crazy when I'm tired, and if I rest my eyes too long, I lose my train of thought. Also, that it irritates the crap out of me when people spell "loose" when they mean "lose".

Pondering these words: Not words so much, just pondering God's love.

From the learning rooms- Learning to plan and organize more efficiently.

From the kitchen- Nothing!

I am wearing- Black shorts (to show off my pasty legs), blue tank top, blue cardigan, no shoes.

I am creating- Luggage bags for our stroller so it doesn't get jacked or accidentally taken at Disneyland :)

I am going- to go to bed soon fo sho!

I am reading- Fail.

I am hoping- That God's heart is the same as mine for a particular situation. I'm not over it haha.

I am hearing- D tinkering with a computer in the dining room.

Around the house- Little bit messy, better than usual.

One of my favorite things- The way D looks at me. I don't care how dorky that sounds.

A few plans for the rest of the week: Work, Youth tomorrow night, dinner with friends on Thursday, service friday, nothing saturday, church sunday... Boom.

Photo of the day:
Me on my birthday, being ridiculous. (PS D got a Macbook Pro. I think I'm in love... I'm mainly in love with the 99$ Marc by Marc Jacobs bag I saw for it at the Apple store :) )

1 comment:

  1. You totally rock Julia. I think you are super awesome. And I feel your pain on the whole pre-baby-body thing. I weigh 5 lbs. more than I did in high school and there is absolutely no way I could wear 90% of the clothes I used too wear.

    ReplyDelete